Penn London Elementary School
Parents Night Out – Drone Event Friday 2/3/23
Parents enjoy a night out after dropping their kid(s) off at PLE. Kids will have fun at rotating early learning STEM activity stations featuring drones, mini spheros, a circuit playground, and microbits.
- When: Friday, 2/3 from 6 to 8 PM
- Where: @ PLE cafeteria - drop off your students at the bus parking lot
- Cost: $20 per student
- How: Families can pre-register or "show up" at the event to attend
- Registration: https://forms.gle/Y8d59rHKMyu84hPr9
If anyone has any questions, please contact Stephanie Shrake at email@example.com
Kindergarten Registration for 2023-2024 School Year
• "Kindergarten Information Night" will be held on February 1, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in person at Penn London Elementary School (PLES) cafeteria and will be live-streamed simultaneously. The presentation will be in English and Spanish. It will include information on Avon Grove's Spanish Language Immersion Program.
• Kindergarten Registration will occur February 2-17, 2023. Registration is completed online. If an in-person appointment is needed, contact Maria Colon (610-869-2441). The documents required for registration are listed on the district website: https://www.avongrove.org/district/registration When you go to the school website, you can also choose your preferred language.
• "Kindergarten Screenings" will take place for all incoming Kindergarten students April 18-20 and 24-27, 2023 Students will participate in a 30-minute screening at PLES. During this time, incoming Kindergarten students will work with a PLES staff member to complete a variety of interactive, play-like activities that focus on academic readiness skills such as fine and gross motor skills, name and birthday recognition, letters in the alphabet, and numbers 1 to 20. The information is used to create balanced kindergarten classrooms.
• "Camp Kindergarten" will take place in August. Students will be invited to attend school for 3 hours on one day to become familiar with the school building and see what kindergarten is like. This event is for students only. Students will have circle time in the classroom, tour the building, be provided with a healthy snack in the cafeteria, play on the playground, complete a craft, and ride a school bus. Let us know in advance if your child has food allergies or other special considerations.
• "Meet the Teacher" will take place for all students the week before school starts. Families are invited to come to PLES, meet the teacher, see their classroom, and explore the building.
School Times/Transportation Information
Elementary Time Changes: This is just a friendly reminder that elementary start and end times have been pushed back 10 minutes. Students may begin to enter the building at 8:20am with a school start time of 8:35am. Dismissal will begin at 3:20pm and conclude at 3:40pm.
Elementary office hours will now be 7:45am - 4:15pm.
Transportation: Bussing information was communicated by the Transportation Department via email. Please be sure to be at the stop 10-15 minutes prior to your assigned time. A caregiver must be present at the stop in the afternoon to receive kindergarten students off the bus. If a caregiver is not present, the student will be brought back to school for the family to pick up. First and second graders may be brought back to school if a caregiver is not present, and the student is uncomfortable getting off the bus alone.
Please note that drop off times in the afternoon may be delayed the first few weeks of school as we work to ensure everyone gets home safely.
Drop Off/Pick Up: If you are choosing to drive your student to school, we ask that you please be patient with the amount of traffic on campus and follow the directions of those on traffic duty. Please have a sign in your car window with your student’s name and grade.
· Drop Off begins at 8:20 daily. Students are expected to be in classrooms by 8:35am.
· Pick Up begins at 3:20 daily. Students are expected to be picked up by 3:40pm.