Penn London Elementary School
The PLES and AGIS PTAs would like to thank our schools and families (Admin, Staff, Parents, and more) for all of the support and collaboration this year! We are truly grateful for the Avon Grove community.
• We are also excited to announce that our Spring general meeting put forth a unanimous vote to merge our PTAs, effective July 1, 2023. Moving forward we will formally be the ‘Avon Grove PTA’, dba forthcoming. Stay tuned for more information!
• Officers for the 2023-2024 year were also elected; thank you all for your ongoing commitment to our children and district!
President: Amanda Olson
Co-Vice President: Stephanie Carlino
Co-Vice President: Megan Schultz
Secretary: Joyce Jacobs
Co-Treasurer: Kim Garns
Co-Treasurer: Alison DeAngelo
• Lastly, there are a few committee chair positions and committee roles left to fill for the upcoming year. We are 100% volunteer based, by parents just like you! Many committees need more than 1 chair; if you have a friend or friends who can help as a team, let us know! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or to volunteer. - Amanda Olson - President@PLEPTA.org
Kindergarten Registration for 2023-2024 School Year
• "Kindergarten Information Night" was held on February 1, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in person at Penn London Elementary School (PLES) cafeteria. A recording of the program can be accessed here.
• Kindergarten Registration started February 2-17, 2023. Registration is completed online. If an in-person appointment is needed, contact Sarin Sierra (610-869-2441). The documents required for registration are listed on the district website: https://www.avongrove.org/district/registration When you go to the school website, you can also choose your preferred language.
• "Kindergarten Screenings" took place for all incoming Kindergarten students April 18-20 and 24-27, 2023 Students will participate in a 30-minute screening at PLES. During this time, incoming Kindergarten students worked with a PLES staff member to complete a variety of interactive, play-like activities that focus on academic readiness skills such as fine and gross motor skills, name and birthday recognition, letters in the alphabet, and numbers 1 to 20. The information is used to create balanced kindergarten classrooms.
• "Camp Kindergarten" will take place in August on the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. Students will be invited to attend school for 3 hours on one of these days to become familiar with the school building and see what kindergarten is like. An invitation will be sent in late May to all registered 23-24 Kindergarten students to sign up to participate. This event is for students only. Students will have circle time in the classroom, tour the building, be provided with a healthy snack in the cafeteria, play on the playground, complete a craft, and ride a school bus. Let us know in advance if your child has food allergies or other special considerations.
• "Meet the Teacher" will take place for all students the week before school starts. Families are invited to come to PLES, meet the teacher, see their classroom, and explore the building.
Penn London Elementary News
School Times/Transportation Information
Elementary Time Changes: This is just a friendly reminder that elementary start and end times have been pushed back 10 minutes. Students may begin to enter the building at 8:20am with a school start time of 8:35am. Dismissal will begin at 3:20pm and conclude at 3:40pm.
Elementary office hours will now be 7:45am - 4:15pm.
Transportation: Bussing information was communicated by the Transportation Department via email. Please be sure to be at the stop 10-15 minutes prior to your assigned time. A caregiver must be present at the stop in the afternoon to receive kindergarten students off the bus. If a caregiver is not present, the student will be brought back to school for the family to pick up. First and second graders may be brought back to school if a caregiver is not present, and the student is uncomfortable getting off the bus alone.
Please note that drop off times in the afternoon may be delayed the first few weeks of school as we work to ensure everyone gets home safely.
Drop Off/Pick Up: If you are choosing to drive your student to school, we ask that you please be patient with the amount of traffic on campus and follow the directions of those on traffic duty. Please have a sign in your car window with your student’s name and grade.
· Drop Off begins at 8:20 daily. Students are expected to be in classrooms by 8:35am.
· Pick Up begins at 3:20 daily. Students are expected to be picked up by 3:40pm.
Elementary Campus Carline Procedures
Kindergarten Registration Information
Safe Arrival Information - English
Safe Arrival Information - Español
Online Academy Attendance Reporting
Informes de asistencia de la academia en linea
School Supply Lists 2022-23 - English
School Supply Lists 2022-23 - Español
Children's Hospital Insurance Program (CHIP) Information
Penn London Elementary School Principal
Mrs. Kelly Harrison
Penn London Elementary School Assistant Principal
Mrs. Kimberly Hall