Welcome to Avon Grove School District (AGSD)!
This page contains information regarding the new student registration process for students entering kindergarten through grade 12.
Kindergarten Registration - Open enrollment will start for the 2023-2024 school year on February 2, 2023.
For information about Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 school year, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page. This page includes a welcome message and informational video about Kindergarten in Avon Grove.
If you have questions regarding Avon Grove School District’s Kindergarten program or the registration process, please contact Penn London Elementary School's principal, Mrs. Kelly Harrison.
Students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2023 to attend Kindergarten.
Grades K-12 Registration for the Current or 1-12 Registration for the Upcoming School Year - Use the online registration process or schedule an in person appointment.
For information about New Student Registration, please visit our New Student Registration page. This page includes information for completing an online registration.
- To register your student(s) in person, please schedule an appointment. Appointments are held at the District Administrative Office, located at 375 S. Jennersville Rd. West Grove, PA 19390. Email Sarina Sierra (or call 610.869.2441) to schedule an appointment.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes to complete the registration process. Additional time will be required if registering multiple students.
Please see the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION section below for examples of acceptable documentation.
Note: Due to amendments to the PA Public School Code and effective for the 2020-2021 school year, the PA compulsory school age will be age 6 to 18 years old unless the student has graduated and holds a certificate of graduation from an accredited/approved high school.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Proof of Age
Acceptable documentation includes:
- Original birth certificate
- Notarized copy of birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Copy of record of baptism, notarized or duly certified and showing date of birth
- Notarized statement from the parents/guardians indicating date of birth
- Valid passport
- Prior school records indicating date of birth
Proof of Residency
Two documents are required. Acceptable documentation includes one document from each group below:
MUST INCLUDE ONE DOCUMENT FROM THIS GROUP:
- Most recent mortgage statement that includes name and current address.
- Most recent property tax bill that includes name and current address.
- Property lease signed by both parties, executed within the last year that includes name and current address.
- Property Deed, Settlement Agreement (if settlement HAS been made)
- If settlement has NOT been made - an Agreement of Sale may be accepted that includes name and current address. A tuition agreement will be required prior to registration.
AND MUST INCLUDE ONE DOCUMENT FROM THIS GROUP:
- Utility bill (or official correspondence from utility company), which includes name and current address, and is dated within the last three months.
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation identification card or driver’s license with name and current address.
- Government agency identification card with name and current address.
- Homeowner's, renter's or title insurance policy that includes name and current address.
- Official correspondence from bank or credit card company that includes name and current address, dated within the last three months.
- Pay stub with name and current address, dated within the last three months.
- Vehicle registration card or insurance card with name and current address.
Physical Form & Immunization Records:
Students Entering School for the First Time:
Bring/provide a copy of your child's most recent physical. State law requires that a complete record of the following immunizations are provided during school registration:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)*
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or Tdap or if medically advisable, OT or Td
**A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose
***Usually given as MMR
Students Entering Grade 7:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) on the first day of 7th grade
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) on the first day of 7th grade
Students Entering Grade 12:
- 1 dose of MCV on the first day of 12th grade. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the twelfth grade dose.
Note: If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
Emergency Contact Information:
- Emergency contact information for up to three (3) contacts
- Name and contact information for your child's doctor and dentist
- Medical insurance provider and policy number
- After-school care location and contact information (if applicable)
Special Education Information (if applicable):
- If your student was receiving special education, related services or services under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, please bring a copy of the IEP and/or NOREP or service agreement to your registration appointment.
- If student’s parents do not reside together, please provide a current custody agreement. If one has not been court ordered, a notarized statement of custody arrangements signed by both parents is acceptable.
Nonresident Information (if applicable): Please bring the following forms to your registration appointment.
- Non-Resident Child Living with a Resident
- Multiple Occupancy (Non-Resident Living with a Resident) - Multiple Occupancy(to be completed by both parties). Must be approved by administration before scheduling a registration appointment.
- Tuition Agreement form - Must be approved by administration before scheduling a registration appointment.
Note: Failure to provide the requested documentation will result in the rescheduling of your registration appointment.