Return to School
RETURN TO SCHOOL
The changing course of the COVID-19 pandemic required Avon Grove School District to alter its plans and begin the 2020-2021 academic year with remote learning for all students, via the AGSD Online Academy, on Monday, August 31, 2020.
AGSD implemented Hybrid Learning on Monday, November 16, 2020 for elementary (grades K-6) students. FSEMS students began Hybrid Learning on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
AGHS students are scheduled to begin Hybrid Learning on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.
HYBRID Educational Model
When it is safe for students to return to school for in-person instruction, AGSD will implement a Hybrid Educational Model, that combines in-person instruction and remote learning, as an option for families. Please view an Informational Video Presentation on the Hybrid Educational Model and review the Hybrid Educational Model Learning Plan Parent Guide to help you decide which model is best for your students.
REMOTE Learning Model
AGSD Online Academy provides students with engaging learning opportunities in an online format through both synchronous and asynchronous instruction. AGSD has developed an AGSD Online Academy Learning Plan Parent Guide to help parents understand the goals and expectations of this learning model.
- Be SMART, Do Your Part signage
- A SMART Return video
- Exclusion from School Acknowledgement
- Acceptable Face Coverings
- SafeArrival Letter to Caregivers
- Coming to School Transportation Expectations
- PLES and AGIS Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures video
- Elementary Campus Traffic Pattern Map
- Sample Hybrid Schedule for FSEMS
- Sample Hybrid Schedule for AGHS
- Informational Video Presentation on the Hybrid Educational Model
- AGSD Online Academy Technology Plan
- Online Academy Attendance
- Revised 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You asked, we answered! Please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for further clarification regarding the Hybrid Educational Model and the Remote Learning Model. Got more questions? Send them to you student's building principal. The FAQs will be updated as needed.