Avon Grove School District values and encourages parents and community members to volunteer in our schools. We believe that volunteers make a valuable and unique contribution to students and staff. All volunteers who wish to support school and District sponsored events must have proper clearances on file at the Avon Grove Administrative Office and are required to complete the state mandated online child abuse recognition and reporting training. Volunteers must re-certify all clearances and complete the online child abuse training every five years. The District will continue to accept applications for volunteering throughout the school year and applicants will be notified when they are eligible to provide service.
To expedite the application process, please submit the AGSD Volunteer Registration Checklist with your clearances.
- 1. State Police Criminal History Report (Act 34)
- 2. PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
- 3. FBI Federal Criminal History/Finger Print Report (Act 114)
- 4. Volunteer Self-Reporting Commitment Form (Arrest/Conviction Report & Certification)
- 5. Volunteer Acknowledgement of Policy No.916/Volunteers and Policy No. 806/Child Abuse
1. State Police Criminal History Report (Act 34)
Note: The Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance submitted must have an issue date within one year of the date of submission to AGSD. There is no charge for requests made for the purpose of volunteering.
- Applicants can go to: State Police Criminal History Report. Click on “Submit a New Record Check” (Volunteers Only) and fill out form. Print out the certification form and submit to District office.
2. PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Note: The Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance must have an issue date within one year of the date of submission to AGSD. There is no charge for requests made for the purpose of volunteering unless you have already requested this clearance within the past 57 months.
- For electronic submission, go to the Child Welfare Portal. Create an account and submit your application online for immediate access to your results or the status of your results if your results cannot be processed immediately. Print results and submit to the District office.
- For paper submission, complete the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance form and and mail to:
ChildLine and Abuse Registry
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
Once you have received the child abuse certificate form in the mail (3-6 weeks), please submit it to the District office.
3. FBI Federal Criminal History/Finger Print Report (Act 114)
Note: If you have lived in Pennsylvania continuously for 10 years or more, you may submit a Request for Waiver of FBI Federal Criminal History Report form. If you have already obtained an FBI Federal Criminal History/Finger Print Report while residing in the state of Pennsylvania continuously within the past 10 years, then please submit a copy of the report to the District office.
If you have lived in PA for less than 10 years continuously, then you must obtain and submit a Pennsylvania state issued FBI Federal Criminal History/Finger Print Report in order to volunteer in Avon Grove School District. Clearance must have an issue date within one year of the date of submission to AGSD.
- Applicants may register online at: Applicant Fingerprint Services. *Volunteers should use code 1KG6Y3.
Telephonic registration is available at 1-844-321-2101, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(FBI background checks for volunteer purposes cannot be used for employment.)
- Applicants are charged a $22.60 fee. Payments can be made online with a credit card or at the fingerprinting location via cashier's check or money order payable to MorphoTrust. Cash and personal checks are not accepted.
- Applicants can choose their fingerprinting site. Site locations and days/hours of operation are posted on IDEMIA's website at https://uenroll.identogo.com.
- Applicants must bring a photo ID to the fingerprinting location. A list of approved ID types may be found on the IDEMIA website at https://uenroll.identogo.com.
- Report Access - Applicants must present their UEID to AGSD. This number is shown on the receipt provided after fingerprinting. If an applicant has lost their receipt or needs to confirm UEID, the applicant may visit the UEP website (https://uenroll.identogo.com) and check the status of their file.
4. Employee/Volunteer Self-Reporting Commitment Form (PDE 6004 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form)
Print, complete and submit the Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification form to the District office.
5. Volunteer Acknowledgement of Policy No.916 Volunteers and Policy No. 806 Child Abuse
Please read Board Policy #916 & Board Policy #806. Print, complete and submit the Volunteer Acknowledgment of Policy No. 916/Volunteers and Policy No.806/Child Abuse form to the District office.