The Avon Grove School District Music Department develops and promotes knowledge, skills, and appreciation of music in an environment of musical excellence. Through active participation in a variety of musical experiences, students will become lifelong learners, listeners, performers, intelligent consumers, and advocates for the arts.
- To acquire and apply musical knowledge as individuals and within a performing ensemble in accordance with the National Standards for Music Education.
- To develop higher level thinking required for complex reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and listening skills.
- To promote and develop positive interactions such as teamwork, cooperation, leadership, acceptance of differences, discipline, and creativity.
- To develop the personal growth of self-realization, aesthetic experience, emotional development, creative attitudes, physical and mental health, self-expression, self-esteem and personality development.
- To facilitate and enhance student thinking in all other subjects while maintaining the integrity of music as its own subject.
Andrea Gerwig & Valerie Weaver
Treasurer 2 (all transactions)
Avon Grove Instrumental Music Boosters Association (AGIMBA)