The Avon Grove School District values and encourages our parents and community members to volunteer in our schools. We believe that volunteers make a valuable and unique contribution to our faculty, staff and students.
All volunteers who wish to support school and district sponsored events must have proper clearances on file at the Avon Grove School District Administrative Office and are required to complete the state mandated online child abuse recognition and reporting training. Volunteers will be required to re-certify all clearances and complete the online child abuse training every five years. The district will continue to accept applications for volunteering throughout the school year and applicants will be notified when they are eligible to provide service according to their board approval.
At the May 26, 2016 School Board meeting, the Board of School Directors approved revisions to School Board Policy #916 - Volunteers. The following changes took effect on July 1, 2016.
- 1.The District will now provide online training to volunteers on child abuse recognition and reporting. All registered volunteers will be required to complete the district mandated training module. Registered volunteers will be contacted by email and provided the pertinent information to complete this online training.
- 2.The requirement of Tuberculosis Testing has been eliminated from Board Policy #916 - Volunteers.
AGSD Volunteer Registration Checklist and the corresponding clearances to the District Office, r
egistered volunteers will be contacted by email and provided the pertinent information to complete the
online training on child abuse recognition and reporting
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance
*Please Note: The Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance submitted must have an issue date of July 1, 2015 or after. There is no charge for requests made for the purpose of volunteering.
- For electronic submission go to the Child Welfare Portal. Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will give you immediate access to your results or the status of your results if your results cannot be processed immediately. Please print out results to submit to District Office.
- For paper submission, the following form can be used: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and mailed in to:
- ChildLine and Abuse Registry
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
2. Act 34 State Police Criminal History Report
* Please Note: The Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance submitted must have an issue date of July 1, 2015 or after. There is no charge for requests made for the purpose of volunteering.
- Applicants can go to: State Police Criminal History Report. Click on “Submit a New Record Check” (Volunteers Only) and fill out form. Print out the certification form and submit to District Office.
*Current State Residents: If you are a current state resident and have obtained an FBI Federal Criminal History Report/Finger Print Report while residing in the state of Pennsylvania continuously within the past 10 years, you are NOT required to obtain a more recent Criminal History Report/Finger Print Report for submission. Please submit a copy of the report to the District Office. Current residents that have lived in Pennsylvania continuously for 10 years or more do NOT need to submit a FBI Criminal History Report and instead will need to submit a request for waiver form provided below:
3. FBI Federal Criminal History Report (Act 114)
*New State Residents and First Time Current State Residents Applicants: New state residents and Current State Residents that apply for this clearance for the first time must obtain and submit a Pennsylvania state issued FBI Federal Criminal History Report/Finger Print Report in order to volunteer in the Avon Grove School District.
- Applicants may register online at: Applicant Finger Printing Services. After registering online, print out the registration and take it to the cogent fingerprint site. Locations are listed on the Cogent website. Once you have completed your fingerprints, bring in the registration form or the unofficial report received in the mail to the District Office.
4. Employee/Volunteer Self-Reporting Commitment Form (PDE 6004 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form)
- Print out and complete this form to turn into District Office: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form
5. Volunteer Acknowledgement of Policy No.916 Volunteers and Policy No. 806 Child Abuse
- Please read: Board Policy #916 & Board Policy #806. Print out and complete the form below and turn into District Office:
For any questions relating to volunteer clearances, please contact Cathy Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org